|License Type||SaaS & On-Premise|
|Agent Mode||Assess & Protect|
|Main Product Category||Contrast UI|
If you're facing a complex issue in the Contrast interface, Contrast might request that you send a HAR file to help the support teams fix the problem more quickly.
A HAR file helps troubleshoot the following issues:
- Slow page load
- Timeout when performing certain tasks
- Incorrect page format
- Missing information after rendering
The following instructions are written for users on Google Chrome. If you don't already have the browser installed, you can get it here.
- Open Google Chrome and navigate to the page where the issue is occurring.
- From the Chrome menu bar select View > Developer > Developer Tools, or right click on the page and select Inspect Element.
- From the panel that opens at either the bottom or side of your screen, select the Network tab.
- Look for a round Record button in the upper left corner of the Network tab, and make sure it's red. If it's gray, click it once to start recording.
- Check the box next to Preserve log.
- Try to reproduce the issue that you were experiencing while the network requests are recording.
- Once you've reproduced the issue, right click anywhere on the grid of network requests, select Save as HAR with Content, and save the file to your computer.
- Upload your HAR file to your ticket or attach it to an email so that Contrast can analyze it.
An following GIF demonstrates the process: