|License Type||SaaS & On-Premise|
|Agent Mode||Assess & Protect|
|Main Product Category||Java Agent|
Generate a YourKit session for debugging purposes.
Here are the rough steps to get a remote YourKit session:
- You can download the product here: https://www.yourkit.com/download/
- Add the -agentpath flag as shown on this page: https://www.yourkit.com/docs/java/help/agent.jsp. Remember to put this new flag /before/ the -javaagent flag. We also want to add the following options for the profiling session:
- “sampling” -- this will turn on CPU profiling as soon as the app starts.
- “onexit=snapshot” -- this will tell the agent to dump a snapshot to disk ($USER/Snapshots) after the JVM exits cleanly
- "alloceach" -- turn on memory allocation at the start
- "usedmem=90" -- capture a snapshot when the memory usage reaches 90%
- Make sure the Contrast log level is ERROR or WARN.
- Delete the contrast.log file
- Start the server
- Browse the application enough to experience the unwanted behavior (slowness, crashing, etc)
- Shutdown the server
- Check the $USER/Snapshots directory, please zip up and send to support. Also include standard out logs that will confirm that YourKit was running properly.