|Agent Mode||Assess & Protect|
|Main Product Category||Contrast UI|
Occasionally it may be necessary to temporarily point the Contrast application (TeamServer) to a different database. For example, if testing is required when moving to a distributed configuration of the Contrast application where the app server and its database are on separate servers.
The temporary configuration will be valid for a single session. The next time the database needs to be reloaded it will revert to using the existing database.properties file.
To change the database connection properties permanently, please use the encrypted properties editor.
To override the database.properties file for TeamServer until the next time it is brought down, use a database.properties.cleartext file.
Assuming that you have access to the server that serves TeamServer:
- Copy database.properties to make database.properties.backup file (just in case) and a database.properties.cleartext file.
- In database.properties.cleartext, remove all properties that you are not looking to change, and save the file.
That is, leave only the properties that you are looking to override.
- Restart the Contrast application.
- During the startup, there should be a message in the contrast.log file confirming that the database.properties.cleartext file is available. If so, values in it will override the current encrypted values.
- After the Contrast app is running, it will automatically delete the database.properties.cleartext file so that there are no unencrypted credentials.